A Reaffirmation of Inclusion
Reveille United Methodist Church believes that God loves and welcomes all people. We believe God has bound us together, amidst our differences, to love and care for our neighbors. We embrace an inclusive faith and welcome everyone without exceptions for age, race, ethnic background, national origin, mental or physical ability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, education, family or socioeconomic status, or faith history. Wherever you may be in your faith journey, let all of us join together as we seek to be disciples of Jesus Christ to our neighbors, here and around the world.
Formed by the love of Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, Reveille United Methodist Church is a caring community of all ages committed to glorifying God through worship, to building Christian disciples through nurture and learning, and to using our gifts to make a difference in God’s world.
Our Ministry Goals
- Worship: to glorify God
- Grow: to build disciples through nurture and learning
- Serve: to make a difference in God’s world by using our gifts
Basic Christian Affirmations
We hold in common with all Christians a faith in the mystery of salvation in and through Jesus Christ.
- We share the Christian belief that God's redemptive love is realized in human life by the activity of the Holy Spirit, both in personal experience and in the community of believers.
- We understand ourselves to be part of Christ's universal church when by adoration, proclamation, and service we become conformed to Christ.
- With other Christians we recognize that the reign of God is both a present and future reality.
- We share with many Christian communions a recognition of the authority of Scripture in matters of faith, the confession that our justification as sinners is by grace through faith, and the sober realization that the church is in need of continual reformation and renewal.
Distinctive Wesleyan Emphases
- justification and assurance
- sanctification and perfection
- faith and good works
- mission and service
- nurture and the mission of the church